Job Title: Visitor Services Representative
Job ID: 505788
Close Date: 05/27/2013
Location: Modesto A. Maidique Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida's anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
· Creates an enhanced visitor experience at the museum; greets visitors enthusiastically and shares knowledge about the museum (exhibitions, events, building, collections, history, etc.). Serves as an advocate for the visitor while simultaneously promoting the welfare of the museum. Communicates with visitors of diverse interests to ensure a positive museum experience and resolves visitor concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
· Records daily visitor, tour and event attendance. Provide attendance related reports to staff as requested.
· Answers museum's main line and route calls to appropriate staff. Checks the museum's main email and reply accordingly.
· Conducts ongoing visitor surveys and provide reports as requested.
· Maintains overall appearance of museum entrance. Maintains desk and closet organized, restocks brochures and publications and assists with light cleaning of the area.
· Tracks daily activities taking place in the museum (rental events, tours, classes and other events) using the Outlook calendars.
· Processes merchandise sales, event ticketing, rentals, tours, donations and memberships in POS system and maintains proper cash handling procedures.
· Walks through the Kenan Flagler Family Discovery Gallery on a weekly basis to ensure activity stations are in working order and assists with organization and light cleaning as necessary. Notify the Curator of Education and the IT Specialist of any technical issues with the stations.
· Performs data entry into contact database as directed.
· Assists with setup and breakdown for events as needed.
· Schedules, trains and supervises temporary employees and interns. Ensures adherence to museum policies and procedures.
· Develops and implements effective initiatives and strategies to ensure consistent excellent customer service.
High school diploma and four years of experience. College coursework or vocational training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the experience.
Bachelor's degree in Art, Art History or related field preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience in customer service including 2 years of supervisory experience.
A genuine interest and passion for art highly desired.
Previous experience in event planning.
Begin time: 9:00 AM
End time: 5:30 PM
Criminal Background Check
How To Apply
Please visit careers.fiu.edu. If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
*This posting will close at midnight of the close date.
How to Claim Vet Preference
Since 1945, the Florida Legislature has made a provision to give preference in the hiring process to United States war veterans in recognition of their military, naval, or air service who meet specific conditions. The conditions are as follows:
- Discharged or released under honorable conditions only or
- Who later received an upgrade discharge under honorable conditions.
Florida International University honors this policy and will comply with Veterans' Preference guidelines when filling staff positions. Any applicant claiming Veterans' Preference will be required to attach a DD214 with each application submitted for verification.
If there are any questions concerning Veterans' Preference, please contact Recruitment by calling 305-348-2500.
For additional information on Veterans' Preference, visit http://www.floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp.
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Opening ID: 505788
Business Unit: FROST ART MUSEUM
Department: Frost Art Museum
Volunteer with The Frost Art Museum
The Frost Art Museum is looking for individuals with an interest in art and a desire to learn, to become museum ambassadors, or docents. As a docent, you will guide visitors towards a personal connection with works of art creating an interactive environment. Your engagement with the community, students and each other will enhance your understanding of art, the world and its diverse cultures.
1. Docent Volunteer Application
2. FIU form A
3. FIU form B
4. FIU form C
Time Log Sheet
Museum Volunteer Application
If you are interested please contact 305.348.2890.
Andrea Beloff Fine Art Gallery
Andrea Beloff Fine Art is a new exciting art gallery located in the Bird Rd. Art District (close to Coral Gables), which primarily features the work of renowned Handmade paper Collagist, Andrea Beloff.
We are opening an opportunity to motivated, smart and ambitious individuals who are interested in developing an Art career.
To apply, please include a resume and a cover letter highlighting your skills and appropriateness for the internship.
The internship is unpaid for the first two months with the possibility to stay on at $10 with a 3% commission on sales. College credit is available.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job! Send your resume to this email: Andrea@andreabeloff.com
- Support and expand public relations with collectors, media contacts, artists and the general public
- Assist in managing gallery operations, marketing, possible graphic arts, video editing, send out mailings, update website
- Assist in management, research, communication and coordination of installations
- Assist during events and receptions
- Preparation of art projects for Children and Adult workshops and participation during these.
- May be a currently enrolled student or recent graduate in Studio Arts, Marketing/Hospitality, Business/Accounting, Art History, Communications Major (preferred)
- Possess good written and verbal skills
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art; actively involved in the art community
- Demonstrate attention to details while maintaining perspective
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, Mac Computer
- Motivated Self starter and creative thinker are a must!
The Now Gallery
Pablo Dona, Director of the Now Gallery, is looking for a full-time gallery assistant. If any one is interested please email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bermello Ajamil & Partners
We are currently looking for an experienced Marketing Coordinator/ Graphic Designer. This individual will be responsible for coordinating proposals and any necessary graphic design. Core responsibilities include preparing proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, collateral material, and updating project records, resume data, etc. Additional tasks include layout, brochure and other collateral material design. Website Design experience preferred, but not necessary. Applicants must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field(Will consider senior year marketing majors) and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the A/E/C industry. Good communication and organization skills. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop are necessary. Candidate must be a team player and be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Please send your resume to this email address:email@example.com
Museum Studies Internships
The Museum Studies Certificate Program at FIU requires students to complete an internship in a museum. The internship is intended to provide the student with practical experience in museum work and to learn to function as a professional within an institutional framework. The intern is expected to complete a project or a specified portion of a major project during the internship. A three hour internship requires 10 hours of work per week during one full academic term; 20 hours of work per week during a similar period of time are required for six credits. Summer term internships span the two summer sessions. Students must register for the internship course in order to receive credits. The Frost Art Museum offers internships for FIU Museum Studies Certificate Program in Registration and Curatorial departments. Please send cover letter and resume to:
Annette B. Fromm
Museum Studies Coordinator
Intern opportunity at N'Namdi Contemporary Gallery
N'Namdi Contemporary is seeking gallery assistant interns to assist in day to day activities. Mac, Graphic design, and Word Press abilities would be useful. schedule is flexible however it should be consistent please email resume and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org